Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What is the Costume Project? Who am I?

Hi! My name is Sofie Holmes, and I am an 8th grade student at a not to be named middle school in a state in a country. Anyway, I noticed that the history and English department at my nondescript middle school needed a bit of color, and maybe some creativity. Heck, the math and science could use some too, but for now, let's just stick to History and English. Anyways, I thought I needed to do something. When I attack a problem, I like to think about my skills. When I attacked this problem, the first think I thought about was "Dress Up". I love dress-up, and I think that what you wear is a great way to express yourself. So how could I incorporate dress up into American History and Lit? Well, the idea came because we were studying the 1920's and post WWI area in social studies. We read a bit about how women dressed in the 1920's and I was inspired. "Why not dress up based on the time in history we are studying?" I thought. Wouldn't it be fun to dress up as a different character every week? So that's what I decided to do. Every Wednesday from now to the end of the year, I will wear a costume inspired by my English or History class. It'll be fun, crazy, and maybe I'll be able to get some other kids to join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment