Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 2- 1930's

The Inspiration-
I took inspiration from the dress on the left. I loved the slightly puffed sleeves and button front, and somehow the collar makes it seem a bit stronger. I couldn't find anything quite like this, but I found a similar dress in a shorter style.
The interpretation
I used a sepia filter, but the dress is a blue denim. It has  the same button up style and collar, but the belt is different and the dress is shorter. I left my hair straight. 


The Notes-

I could have done better on this one, but the style is still similar. I really wish I could have found a longer dress, or something with pleats. I think one of the quintessential items of the great depression area fashion was the floral print, but after finding this simplicity pattern, I couldn't help myself.

Cheers,
Sofie

Link Of The Week

No comments:

Post a Comment