Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 1: The 1920's

The inspiration:
Isn't she pretty? I love the dropped waist and long pearls. The sparkly headband and bangle are also fun. I changed it up a bit...
The interpretation:
 I used a drop-waisted grey dress I already had, along with a pink bangle, pearls and brown knee high socks. For my hair, I added some curl at the tips and topped it off with a glittery flower headband. 

The notes: 
I think that this outfit thoroughly encompasses the nature of the 1920's. It's fun, simple, and very classy. The glitter and beads show the extravagance of the 20's and really tell you about how people spent. Some points this outfit is missing that I would have loved to have are: That cocktail ring on her left pinky. I also love the straight neckline and low, glittered straps. I also wish my necklace went lower. Other than that, however, I really think I hit the nail on it's head with this one!

Cheers,
Sofie.

p.s. Feel free to comment and share!

Link of the Week
A hint for next weeks outfit here

No comments:

Post a Comment